Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My New Mission Statement

It's summertime. My kids don't deliberately "do school" in the summer because

a. I am lazy

and

b. they would kill me. Truly.

But my 5 year old, who has never been "to school" but loves homeschooling, has been working like a maniac this summer! Reading all the time, asking to do Freerice.com, randomly sitting at her desk to work on writing and math workbooks and on and on. Just a moment ago, I helped her tug out the big box of Math U See manipulatives and she is currently stacking and counting and building and LEARNING without an agenda.

That's what I hope to accomplish this year: Learning without an agenda.

I think I'll make it my mission statement....

1 comment:

  1. I only have one child, and we have always done light schooling during the summer, however, we took this summer off! Maybe I need to adopt your mission statement too.

    Joyfully,

    Jackie
    Mom to a very active teenager who doubles as a bright right-brained learner.

    My Attempt at Blogging

    ReplyDelete