Friday, May 1, 2009

This is what happens when you write in metaphors...

Today? Today has been a leaky boat day.

Many leaks.

I reallllly want to throw an oar overboard.

Tomorrow, can I go for a boat ride alone?

PLEASE?!?

The BEST part? I can't complain to my husband or I'll get the "just quit" response.

Again.

Which really only makes my hopes for this whole situation more defeating.

I feel defeated. By a 7 year old. And a 10 year old who had his own issues. And a 3 year old who only wanted to run with scissors. And glue on the table and mac n cheese congealing on the stove.

I need an extra life jacket...

5 comments:

  1. (((Hugs)))

    I really, really hate the "just quit" answer.

    Good luck. I hope you can enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so totally know the feeling!

    I hate that "just quit" answer, too. I don't get it from my husband, though, just from others around me.

    I hope you're able to find some peace and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's easy to be a good sailor when the water is smooth. you're not a quitter, tracey ~ stay true to your beliefs and operate from the heart. aj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. . .maybe turn the tables on him and ask if that should be your solution to marital problems should your husband give you not-helpful commentary to important issues. . . ; )

    I hear you, though. We've had so many leaks I'm amazed we're still floating. May is hard. June is harder. There is too much "outside" beckoning, so don't be too hard on yourself. I'm pretty sure school teachers are counting the days right now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There will be storms out on the water, and the temptation to just put the boat away will be there. My husband and I have both said "let's just quit" several times over the last 9 years, usually when we are tired and it is late. But when we wake up and start a fresh day, we realize how lucky we are to be starting another beautiful day, snug in our trusty boat, with an unexplored cove just around the bend. As with any storm, you may need some time to clean up, recover, get your bearings. Take that time! One of the beauties of this journey is that you set the speed at which you travel. And some days you just have to drop the anchor. Just remember (and I quote an excellent source here :) ) "a leaky boat or choppy water isn't a reason to abandon your boat".
    Hang in there - it always gets better!

    ReplyDelete